Monday, August 20, 2007

What's in a face?

I remember having stared at her face for hours on end and I had never seen her smile fade.Every single day her eyes had the same twinkle that I had seen the first day I put my eyes on her.It was as if she knew what I wanted and she was always ready with that smile of hers that cannot be described by words or any other means of expression.
It was a time before I knew what love was,and its not that I fell in love with her,but those eyes and that smile..............I just couldn't stop staring at her.
She was there whenever I needed her,whenever I needed that smile of hers,and I can proudly say that I was never disappointed.It seemed very strange that someone could be so pretty,or maybe it was just me who found her so.A thousand others also saw her all the time,Im sure,but I guess noone felt the way I felt for her.
This had gone on for quite a few days and I knew or rather prayed that she would always be there looking down with that wonderful grin,but one day she was no longer there.The place where we met every single day was deserted.I searched everywhere but found no trace of those magical eyes that had me spellbound for what had seemed like an eternity.She was not there......I just couldn't believe it.In her place there was this new advertisement about something I don't exactly remember now.The girl on the printed billboard was gone forever.

3 comments:

Pritha said...

beautiful ending...

belle said...

twisted!

i liked it!

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.