Sunday, December 16, 2007

Silence




With little words to begin with, it’s difficult, I guess, to express everything lucidly. But as the saying goes, ‘there’s always a first time’, so it is never too late to get started. I don’t know whether I have something very specific to talk about but nevertheless since there is nothing much that I would rather do, it is time I let the demons inside my head do the talking for a change. So here goes………….

Quite often I have been very amazed by the misconceptions about me that have been going around. After all would it be very wrong to suggest that nobody knows me better than I do? Nobody’s hung around during the toughest of days when I have been left alone to figure out things for myself, and I have to say this, I am thankful that I have had the chance to do so, to see things for myself without being blindfolded and led to believe things I didn’t have a clue about.
As I was saying, it can be said with a fair degree of accuracy, that nobody is judged perfectly even fifty percent of the time, so misconceptions are a common phenomenon and have to be dealt with. All of us learn to do so the hard way, and I’m no exception.
However there come certain people into our lives who we believe know everything about us, forgetting that in this world, there are no absolutes, no certainties, no promises, just expectations and unfulfilled dreams.

Some people have called me a pessimist and I have vehemently denied being one. That is not to say that they are wrong and/or I am right. It’s just the way of seeing things, every individual is entitled to his own point of view, but it is wrong to pass a judgment without weighing all the pros and cons relating to the matter.

Somebody once said “I hate silence”. I hate it too, but I guess not in the same context. Unspoken words don’t amount to silence. Silence is sometimes a quality one needs to possess, when thoughts can be exchanged without exchanging words, but the understanding and bonding need to be there; without these silence is just………..the absence of sound.

No comments: